Whole body cryotherapy (WBC) is a safe, pain-free treatment that cools the exterior layer of skin with sub-zero blasts of air for up to three minutes.
During your treatment, your body will activates several mechanismsthat promote significant, long-term benefits, both medical and aesthetic.
- Pain Management - The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of cryotherapy can drastically improve the effects of musclar and joint disorders such as fibromyalgia, rheumatoid, osteoarthritis, and other conditions.
- Athletics - WBC improves workout recovery time and enhances performance by immediately reducing muscular inflammation
- Post-Surgery Recovery - WBC is recommended for post-surgery usage to expedite recovery and manage inflammation and pain.
METABOLIC & HEALTH BENEFITS
WBC causes the body to turn up its metabolic rate in order to produce heat. This effect allows you to ‘burn’ 500 – 800 Kcal for several hours following the procedure.
After multiple treatments, the metabolic rate increase tends to last even longer. WBC also triggers the immediate release of endorphins, which can improve mood disorders with their analgesic properties. This treatment also improves immune fuctions and promotes overall health by reducing internal inflammation.
SKIN HEALTH BENEFITS
The anti-inflammatory properties of cryotherapy are used to treat chronic skin conditions (psoriasis, dermatitis, etc.) and improve skin elasticity, tone, and texture by:
- Increasing the production of collagen in deeper layers of the skin (similar to laser treatments on the face, where very hot temperatures are used)
- Stimulating the vasoconstriction and vasodilation of vessels and capillaries in the skin, which alows toxins and other stored deposits to naturally flush out